How much does it cost?
How much does it cost to produce a video?
This is often the first question we are asked. The answer, surprise!, is, it depends. Capitola Media starts by asking the following questions:
1) What is your budget? Firms often have a budget in mind, and this can streamline the process enormously.
2) When do you need final deliverables? This often drives overtime requirements and rush charges, if applicable.
3) Is your deadline firm? Is the video for an event with a predefined show date? Will it go live with the launch of a new product or service?
4) Most videos tell a story. What problem are you trying to solve in the video? How are you solving it? How is your solution unique? What is your target market?
5) Where are you thinking of shooting? At your company’s offices? If so, do you have an appropriate location in which to shoot? High ceilings for lights, open space to work within, natural light and an interesting background are our preferences. Or, do you need to shoot at a client location, for a testimonial? Will there be travel involved? International? Or, do you want to shoot on a sound stage to control the lighting, audio, sets and background? Do you want to shoot green-screen and comp in a different background?
6) Who will be the talent in this video? Your employees, a client’s employees, or professional talent? What ethnicity? What gender? Will we need extras? An audience?
7) Will you need voice-over talent? Male or female?
8) Is the “script” already written? Will you need our creative help drafting the story, transitions and the dialogue?
9) What is the purpose of the video? Why do you need it? What will it be used for? Who will the audience be? What is your point of view?
10) Where will the video be broadcast? On network television? Live streamed over the Internet? Limited to just your company’s Intranet? At a conference? On your Website? On YouTube? All of the above?
11) Do you need visual effects, motion design and graphics incorporated into your story? How sophisticated a look do you want for your video? If we are shooting a product demo, are all of the elements ready to be taped, or will we need our help creating them during post production?
12) What sort of music, if any, do you envision? Needle drop or an original score?
13) Do you have any video samples you’ve seen that you love? Content created by your firm? Content created by others? Competitors?
14) How should the video end? What is your call to action (CTA)?
Contact Capitola Media for video budgeting and production services in the San Francisco Bay Area.